- The Company is U-FIT WINDOW SYSTEMS LTD.
- The Purchaser is the person or his agent buying upon his behalf and is responsible
for all measurements and designs given to the Company. We recommend you read
the Windows and Doors Surveying Guide before measuring.
- All dimensions to be supplied in Metric. All designs are viewed as from the INSIDE.
- Orders will only be acceptable and binding in writing. Should the purchaser change
the details of the order and the Company has commenced the manufacturing
process, the Company reserves the right to make a charge for reasonable costs
involved as each item is bespoke.
- Urgent verbal and telephone orders, to enable production and delivery space to be
planned, will only be accepted on the basis that confirmation will be sent 1st class
post, fax or email immediately. Where the date of collection/delivery is such to
necessitate manufacture being started before such confirmation is actually received
the Company shall not be liable for any unforeseeable inaccuracies in the
specification of the goods manufactured except insofar as such inaccuracies are
caused by negligence and/or breach of contract of the Company. The Company
reserves the right to charge the purchaser, in full, for any reasonable costs incurred.
- The total balance is due with order.
- If the customer fails to be on site for an agreed delivery, the goods will be returned
to our factory for the customer to collect or if a re-delivery is required, the Company
reserves the right to do so at extra reasonable cost.
- All risks in the goods shall pass to the purchaser or his agent upon delivery.
- The Company will do all it reasonably can to meet the collection/delivery period
advised to you. In the case of unforeseen circumstances beyond our reasonable
controls such as weather, traffic or mechanical breakdown, we shall contact you and
agree an alternative date. All collection/delivery lead times are taken from when the
job is completely signed off by the client including any Lead or Georgian design
- The Company undertakes to repair or replace any of its goods as a result of defective
materials or manufacture. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will reduce your
Statutory Rights relating to faulty or misdescribed goods. For further information
about your statutory rights please contact your local authority Trading Standards
Department or Citizen's Advice Bureau.
- The Company reserves the right, in agreement with the customer, to request an
Independent Inspection of any suspect goods as referred to in (10), above, or to
carry out a mutually agreed inspection to identify whether the goods have been
properly installed, used, maintained, stored or serviced. The Company reserves the
right to make a charge to cover any reasonable costs if the goods have not been
properly used or installed.
- Materials and goods supplied under this order will be of a satisfactory nature and fit
for their normal purpose.
- After collection/delivery of the goods the purchaser shall examine them as soon as
reasonably possible and to notify the Company of any fault or damage as soon as
reasonably possible, preferably in writing.
- We recommend that a competent or qualified person carries out the installation of
goods supplied. Please ensure that the general guidelines supplied with the delivery
for the fitting of the goods are read and understood before commencing or
organising installation. If in doubt contact us.
- All goods should be reasonably checked for design details and sizes, as inaccuracies
have been known to be caused by the surveying and/or ordering person, before
commencing or organising your installation.
Due to onsite handling, installation methods and the type of opening that the goods
are being installed into, minor adjustments may have to be attended to by the
- We may make minor technical changes to the specification of your products that will
not be to the detriment of their function or appearance and will not affect the price.
Any major changes will be advised for the purchaser's approval or we will refund you
- As all windows, doors and conservatories are manufactured to the
purchaser's specific requirements, this order cannot be cancelled unless we
are in breach of our obligations to the purchaser.
- All glazed units are supplied to site unglazed - mindful of safety requirements for
|PVCu Profile White:||10 years as per WHS Halo. statement below in italics.|
|PVCu Profile Laminated:||5 years as per WHS Halo. statement below in italics.|
A guarantee is provided on the profile by the manufacturer, WHS Halo Ltd., free of
charge, and therefore forms no part of the overall cost. U-Fit Window Systems Ltd. is
not party to the guarantee in any way.
White Profiles: 10 years with respect to colour stability, shape retention, impact
strength retention and resistance against attack from salt laden atmosphere, cement
mortars, and certain other materials used in house construction.
Laminated Profiles: 5 years with respect to adhesion to laminate, shape retention,
and impact strength retention. Laminate profile is very heat absorbent and is
therefore not suitable for sunny or warm locations. Please consider this when
surveying your installation.
Sealed Units: 5 years against condensation inside the sealed unit, please follow our
glazing instructions to ensure the correct installation of the sealed units.
Glass: No guarantee on glass breakage after initial Collection/Delivery.
Furniture: 1 year against failure in operation. No guarantee on breakage of
Letterplates or Catflaps. 1 Year on Metal-Coated furniture. Please follow the service
instructions in the leaflet "Looking after your Investment".
Panel Products: White: 5 years against discolouration.
Rosewood/Oak (Laminate) panels are very heat absorbent and are therefore not
suitable for sunny or warm locations. Please consider this when surveying your
installation. 5 years against discolouration.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU READ ALL THE "HELP FILE" SECTIONS AS YOU PROCEED THROUGH THE ORDERING